This time of year everyone wants to slim down to look and feel their best. I have heard many quotes like “abs are made in the kitchen” and “you can’t out run a bad diet” or “you are what you eat.” Heard any of these? They are all true but more importantly than looks is how do you feel? Did you know that many of the foods you eat are actually making you hurt? Many foods cause inflammation. Inflammation in arteries causes heart disease. Inflammation in joints cause pain. Even skin can become inflamed. Find out what these foods are that are making you hurt so that you can reduce them in your daily diet. If you are having a hard time including enough of the anti-inflammatory food in your diet stop by and we can help you start a whole food supplement from Standard Process. Call for questions or more information 801-569-1141.
Foods that Cause Inflammation
- Soda Pop
- Vegetable, Corn, sunflower, safflower, soy oils
- Processed meats like hotdogs and bacon
- Deep fried foods like French fries
- Synthetic sweeteners– I know, not fair!
- Processed breads high in gluten
Foods that reduce Inflammation
- Beets, include the greens.
- Greens all greens. Not green jelly beans!
- Olive oil
- Turmeric, ginger, onions and garlic
- Salmon, tuna, sardines with omega fatty acids
- Chia seeds, flaxseeds
- Whole Grains